Welcome back to Ogilvie Dental!
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. We would like to inform your that our dental office will re-open for routine dental services on Monday June 8th. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice, and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in out practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario (RCDSO), Health Canada and the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS).
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- All appointments are to be made by phone. ‘Walk-in’ appointment making will not be accepted. Sorry for the inconvenience!
- You will be screened for Covid-19 when making or confirming your appointment over the phone and screened again when you arrive. Please be patient with this process, it’s for everyone’s safety.
- As part of the screening process your temperature will be taken with a touchless
- There will be one door for entering only, and a separate door to exit the office. Both will be clearly indicated.
- We ask that everyone arrive wearing their own facemask and continue wearing it until you are escorted into the treatment room. A homemade mask is acceptable. If you arrive without a mask, one can be purchased for $1.00
- Anyone who screens or has tested positive for Covid-19 will be instructed to defer their appointment and to call public health unless they are experiencing a dental emergency that cannot wait.
- We require individuals accompanying a patient to wait outside the practice or in their car unless absolutely required (ex: a parent accompanying a young child or a patient who requires accommodation).
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in out practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 613-321-0265.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbours, and friends.
Dr. Patrick Miron and the Ogilvie Dental Team.